Monday, March 15, 2010

A Mysterious and Unexpected Book


I want to make a note of this here on my blog, something that happened to me last week out of the blue. Last week (March8-12) was one of the most anxiety ridden weeks I've experienced in a long time. I won't go into the reasons why, but I felt that some huge change was happening in my life and it was making me tremble with fear. Fear of what, I'm not exactly sure. But I came home from work on Wednesday, March 10th to find a package lying on my front porch wrapped in sky blue paper with small multi-colored dots of diamonds. And I thought, oh, that is probably from my friend Brenda - she had said she planned to mail me a movie. But it was not from Brenda. It was not from anyone I am aware of knowing. And it was addressed to "Anne Bryant-Hamon" my poetry signature-name. It had come from a woman named Mary who lives in Las Vegas, NV. I've never been to Nevada and I don't know anyone who lives there! I opened the package and inside was an old copy of an old children's book called The Sorely Trying Day. I sat down at the dining table and read the book and looked at all the illustrations and felt an intense calm and peace cover me. And I just want to say, "Thank you, Mary, one of God's dear children, for the book and for listening to the Spirit that caused you to send it. The timing was stunning!

No comments: